Tips for Daytona Beach Home Owners – Get Your Tax Credits

Make Sure You Get You Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency

<!– /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:””; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} –>

Did you replace your hot water heater, windows, doors or A/C last year? Will you do it this year? You may have up to a $1,500 tax credit coming.

Many home owners are staying put. Most have no need to sell their Ormond Beach, Port Orange or Daytona Beach homes. That means that as systems like hot water heaters and air conditioners fail, they need to be replaced. If that has happened to you, you need to check the units you purchased to see if they are eligible for a tax credit from the federal government.

If you plan or need to replace hot water heaters, door, windows or and A/C unit this year, making sure that you buy a unit that is eligible for the tax credit could save you 30% of your purchase.

The federal government wants to encourage home owners to be more energy efficient. That’s why they’re providing this tax credit incentive.

The tax credit expires at the end of 2010. You can take 30% of the cost (including installation) up to a total tax credit of $1,500. If you spend $5,000 you can get the full $1,500 ($5,000 X .3 = $1,500). $1,500 is the maximum credit you can take for 2009 and 2010 combined.

The government’s Energy Star Site provides the details of determining if a product is eligible for the tax credit. It’s actually a good site with specifics of what’s eligible and a nice FAQ (frequently asked questions) section.